Christmas flew in this year out of nowhere and left just as surprisingly... not quietly and unnoticed like I had expected (am I the only one who felt incredibly rushed through the holidays this year?) but instead, with a bang. A cold, white, fluffy bang, that is. That's right folks -- we got snow. In Eastern NC! Who'da thunk it?
Now that we are wrapping up the year and looking toward the next, I wanted to give you all a heads up that some things will be changing here on the site/blog so please excuse the mess here for a little bit while we get things sorted. I promise I'll pull out the dust rags and broom and clean up after myself. :-)
Things to expect: (and I hope I don't let us down)
- Regular posts, at least weekly (one of my top goals for 2011)
- More recipes and DIY projects
- Updates from the farm as we discover, research and continue our down shift to a simpler life
- More links to things we find noteworthy... other blogs, sites, podcasts, books, products, etc. (and we need your recommendations along the way)
- Better tags so you (and we) can find these things easier
So.... here we go! I hope everyone has been enjoying the holidays and keeping the real importance at heart. I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to 2011 and everything it brings me. Which, if I have anything to do with it, will at least involve a few more chickens.